What Not To Do After A Crash
Within a matter of seconds, a crash an alter your life forever. Many people are left confused and uncertain about their future. If you’ve suffered at the hands of someone else, you need an attorney that will fight for your rights. Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt, P.A. has helped injured clients throughout Florida. We can help when it matters most.
Sometimes, no matter how safe we drive, accidents happen anyway. There are a few things you can do in order to help the process go a little smoother:
- Don’t leave the scene. You could be charged with a hit-and-run if you don’t wait for authorities.
- Check for injuries on everyone involved. This includes yourself, any passengers, as well as the other driver. Calling an ambulance can ensure people get help as soon as possible.
- Take photos of any damage, including your car and your injuries. This documentation can be used when building a case.
- Don’t leave without gathering everyone else’s information. You’ll want their name, number and the name of their insurance company.
- Write down everything you can remember as soon as you can. Writing things down early may help you keep track of things you would have otherwise forgotten.
- Don’t talk to the insurance company until you’ve talked to an attorney. They often try to settle cases, and you don’t get the amount of money you deserve.
Car accidents are notoriously complicated. Before admitting any fault, it’s important to talk to an attorney. No matter how big or small your case, we are here to help. You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Don’t take on the complicated legal system alone.
Don’t Wait; Call Today
If you or a loved one have suffered after an accident, put your trust in an attorney who has your best interests at heart. Contact our Coral Gables office at 305-744-5888 or fill out our contact form online.