Helping Immigrants, Their Families And Employers For 30 Years
A founding partner of Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli and Pratt P.A., Ira J. Kurzban has more than 30 years of experience in immigration and naturalization law. He has litigated more than 50 immigration cases — including victories that changed the law for all immigrants — and is knowledgeable and accomplished in deportation (removal) law. Mr. Kurzban and equity partner John P. Pratt are certified by The Florida Bar as experts in immigration law. Equity partner Helena Tetzeli has lectured and written articles on immigration for The Florida Bar and is likewise recognized as one of the top immigration lawyers in the country.
Comprehensive Services In U.S. Immigration Law
Based in Miami, we serve employers, employees, individuals and their families in Florida, throughout the United States and worldwide, including clients from Europe, Central and South America, Mexico, Canada, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
We are known for getting results in complex and challenging cases covering all areas of immigration:
- Deportation defense — Fighting for the right to stay in the United States
- Detention and bond hearings — Release from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody
- Immigration appeals — Challenging adverse immigration court decisions
- EB-5 investor-based immigration — Path to a green card for investing in a U.S. business
- Corporate immigration — Assisting employers with visa processing and I-9 compliance
- Employment-based immigration — Helping skilled workers gain entry to the U.S.
- Family-based immigration — Reuniting U.S. citizens and immigrants with their loved ones
- Nonimmigrant visas — H-1B, L-1, E-2 and other work visas
- Temporary visas — Student, business, visitor and government official visas
- Asylum and waivers — VAWA (Violence Against Women Act), U visa (crime victims), DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and other relief
- Citizenship — Overcoming obstacles to naturalization such as old criminal convictions
We work with clients to untangle legal problems that threaten their immigration status. It is not uncommon for a client to be arrested on suspicion of an immigration law violation and later be transferred to a detention facility far from Miami. We understand how desperate this situation can be for the detainee and the family, and we work hard to keep families together and minimize the impact of violations or immigration proceedings.
We also help families pursue immigration forms for their spouses, fiancé(e)s, children (including adopted children), parents, brothers and sisters. We advise employers on staying I-9 compliant and verifying labor requirements.
We Are Here To Help; Call Today
Our attorneys understand that living and working in the United States is a great privilege for noncitizens, though many Americans take it for granted. That is why we work so hard to help clients achieve their goals.
Email us to set up your initial consultation on any immigration issue. Our immigration lawyers are based in Coral Gables, Florida, but welcome inquiries from anywhere in the United States and every corner of the world. Call us at 786-401-4706 to arrange your initial consultation with an attorney about any immigration-related issue.
We Wrote The Book On Immigration – Literally