Jed Kurzban, Esq.
Jed Kurzban, Esq.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
I have been an attorney at Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt, P.A., since 1995 and was made an equity partner in 2013. I am the managing partner in an established 40 plus year law firm with a stellar reputation. We pride ourselves in representing our clients with the expertise and dedication that each case deserves. I am a trial attorney and the verdicts and settlements I have obtained on behalf of my clients demonstrate the dedication and perseverance that I invest to make sure that our clients receive the maximum compensation and justice they are entitled to.
I graduated from the University of Alabama in 1992, where I was on both the Dean's List and the President's List (4.0 grade point average). While at the University of Alabama, I was a brother in the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity. I received my Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law in 1995 and was admitted to the bar in the State of Florida, the United States District for the Southern District of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. In 2015, 1 was admitted to the Hawaii Bar and the Hawaii State Bar Association and I am of Counsel with the prestigious law firm of Damon Key Leong Kupchak Hastert.
I have successfully represented my clients as lead trial counsel in all areas of tort. However, the bulk of my practice concentrates on medical malpractice, product liability and personal injury on behalf of plaintiffs. While my main office is in Miami, I have successfully litigated cases throughout Florida and the United States. My nationwide practice emphasizes cases involving the misdiagnosis or improper treatment of kidney disease. As lead counsel and co-counsel in several major cases I have obtained exceptionally favorable verdicts for my clients to obtain the justice they deserve.
I have served as vice-chair of the Dade County Bar Association Trial Section (2001), and on the Board of Directors for the Florida Justice Association (2004). 1 have been to Tallahassee, Florida several times in connection with the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers to lobby and construct litigation aimed at protecting injured victims. I have also directed and participated in courses to implement a permanent attorney ethics and responsibility curriculum in conjunction with the University of Miami School of Law. In the fall of 2014, I was hired to teach a pre-trial civil litigation course at the University of Miami School of Law.
I am currently a member of the Dade County Bar, the Florida Bar, the Hawaii Bar, the American Association of Justice, the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, the American Bar Association, and the American Constitution Society. I am also AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and have been named a Distinguished Lawyer, a Super Lawyer, Lawyer of Distinction, and one of the 10 best Attorneys in South Florida.
I am the proud father of Elspeth and Ailsa and the loving husband of Lorna Kurzban.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 1995
- University of Alabama
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: President's List
- Honors: Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: English
- Minor: Criminal Justice
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Hawaii, 2015
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii, pro hac vice
- 10 Best - American Institute of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Strathmore's Who's Who
- Universal Who's Who, 2012
- AV Rating with Lexis-Nexis, 2009
- Super Lawyers Selectee, 2019-2020
- America's Most Honored Lawyers for 2021 Top 100
- AV Rating with Martindale
Classes & Seminars
- Master of Justice Medical Malpractice Seminar – Sept 22, 2021
- Med Mal Cover-Up of a Childs Tragedy – Aug 11 2021
- Auto Injury Litigation Boot Camp – Aug 2021
- NBO Webcast Auto Injury Litigation Bootcamp – July 2021
- Auto Injury Seminar – Jury Trial Complexities – May 2021
- Trial Lawyers University teaching course
- LEXIVID Seminar – Feb 24 2021
- Winter FJA Ski Convention December 2020
- Auto Injury Cases From A to Z – Nov 22 2019
- Dade County Bar Association, Trial Section, Vice-Chair, 2001 to 2001
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Board of Directors, 2004 to 2004
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Dade County Bar, Member
- Florida Bar, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Constitution Society
- Village Lodge 315, Free and Accepted Masons, Member and past Master
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner, Kurzban, Kurzban, Tetzeli, & Pratt, P.A.