Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt | Attorneys At Law

Reuniting with your family and getting them green cards

On Behalf of | Sep 8, 2020 | Family Immigration |

You faced challenges as an immigrant to the United States. However, through the years, you have overcome them to ultimately establish a life and career in your new country. During that time, you occasionally traveled back to your home country to see your loved ones, who you missed so much.

Now, it is time to take the next step to permanently reunite your family. You and they are ready, so now you must act to sponsor your relatives so they may live in the United States. In order to begin the process, you must understand the first important rule: You must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (a green card holder) to sponsor a relative to live here.

Sponsoring certain family members

Immigration matters remain time-consuming because immigration law is complicated and filled with unexpected twists and turns. You are accustomed to waiting and doing so just a bit longer will eventually lead to your goal of family reunification.

A skilled immigration law attorney can guide you through the process, explain every detail and answer every question you have. For starters, the family members that you can sponsor for permanent residency include:

  • Your spouse and children. The children must be younger than 21.
  • Your adult children who are unmarried and older than 21.
  • Your parents.
  • Any of your stepchildren. The crucial rule, though, is that your relationship with your stepchildren should have been established before they turned 18.
  • Your married children who can be of any age.
  • Your grandchildren.
  • Your siblings along with their spouse and children.

The time has come to make your family whole again. Your patience eventually will pay off, especially when you work with Kurban Tetzeli and Pratt, P.A., one of the world’s leading law firms in immigration matters.



FindLaw Network