Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt | Attorneys At Law

How to get a U.S. work permit

On Behalf of | Nov 8, 2018 | Employment Immigration |

There are many people from foreign countries who are interested in working in Florida. Foreign workers have some steps to go through in order to be granted a work permit. There are many different work permits that can be issued, depending on a person’s immigration status. As such, both workers and employers are interested in employment immigration issues.

A work permit is issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and is formally referred to as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). An EAD is a card that is given to the recipient and is usually valid for one year and can be renewable.

There are several categories of foreign workers that may be eligible for an EAD. These include asylum seekers, refugees, students, foreign nationals, spouses and fiancés of U.S. citizens, dependents of foreign government officials, those who have Temporary Protected Status and other workers, depending on their circumstances.

A legal professional who is skilled in immigration can help their client with their employment immigration questions. An attorney understands that both employees and employers have needs that may require complicated immigration procedures. They have the experience to evaluate the situation and determine what the best course of action may be. They understand the many visas that may be available, along with the work permits that are required. They can also assist businesses in creating a cost-effective and streamlined immigration policy.

Businesses in Florida understand the importance of hiring foreign national workers. Immigration issues are constantly changing in the U.S. and having an attorney who understands these complications can be helpful.



FindLaw Network