Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt | Attorneys At Law

Helping families bring their children to Florida

On Behalf of | Sep 6, 2017 | Child Citizenship |

There are many people in Florida who have family members in other countries. While the bond between any family member can be strong, there is a unique bond between children and parents. It is important for parents to have their children living with them. This is not always an easy process, but there are options available to parents. They can sponsor their children for visas which can start the process towards child citizenship.

However, there are a number of different visas and knowing which one is the correct visa can be complicated. This process starts with the status of the parent living in Florida. There is a one visa for U.S. citizens and a different one for permanent residents. After a parent knows the correct visa to apply for, then they must actually go through the application process. It is important to do this correctly to help ensure a child can come here as soon as possible.

There are also many people who would like to start families or grow an existing family. These people turn to international adoption in many instances. This can be a very rewarding process once the family is united, but getting to that point can take time. It is a confusing and complicated process. Many times it depends on what country the child is being adopted from and working with foreign governments to ensure everything is done correctly can be difficult.

There are many reasons why parents in Florida have children in other countries or wish to adopt a child from another country. This is very important for families who want to reunite with their children or start a family. The final goal is very rewarding, but getting to that goal is not always an easy process. The attorneys at Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli & Pratt PA understand the various aspects and complications of immigration law and international adoption. We have helped many families reunite. For more information, please visit our family immigration page on our website.



FindLaw Network