Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt | Attorneys At Law

Act fast if a loved one is detained by ICE

On Behalf of | Oct 20, 2015 | US Immigration Law |

There are many people living in Florida who were not born in the U.S. and may not even have the proper documentation to be living and/or working in this country at the moment. Many of these people are in very difficult positions. Generally speaking, they want to secure the appropriate visas, stay with their families and earn a living to provide a better life for themselves and their loved ones.

However, this can prove to be an enormous challenge thanks to the complex and harsh immigration system in this country. Because of this, many people are at risk of being picked up by authorities and brought to a detention center for immigration violations.

If this happens, family members can be extremely scared and confused. They often have many questions like where the person was taken, when he or she might be released and whether it is possible to avoid removal proceedings.

Some of these questions can be answered by contacting immigration officials or law enforcement agents. However, this can be very frustrating and take more time than people expect. This is why one of the first calls many people make in this situation is to an attorney.

An attorney can help people track down their detained loved one and get answers as to why they were detained and whether they can be released on bond or not. In some cases, it is possible to keep a person out of an ICE detention center and with his or her family while awaiting removal proceedings.

Acting fast in this situation can be crucial. When a person is arrested, he or she is likely feeling very scared and alone. If loved ones take action right away and contact an immigration attorney, that person can be reassured that help has been secured.

Our firm works with people all across Florida who are dealing with issues involving detention and removal proceedings. For information on you can contact us with your concerns and/or questions, please visit our website.




FindLaw Network