How To Choose A Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Whether you choose our law firm or another to represent you in a medical malpractice case, we want you to make an informed decision. While nothing can undo the harm that was caused by a negligent medical provider, your recovery from a medical malpractice lawsuit can make a big difference in the quality of your life going forward.
At Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt, P.A. in Coral Gables, we offer a free initial consultation with no obligation so you can learn more about us, and we can learn more about your injury. Our attorneys focus on cases of catastrophic injury and wrongful death resulting from medical malpractice.
Here are five questions you should ask your lawyer before making a decision about who will represent your family:
- Does the firm hire the best medical experts? Medical malpractice cases often hinge on the opinions and testimony of expert witnesses. Many lawyers obtain medical opinions and testimonies from doctors who work for the firm. We believe that in-house doctors have less credibility than independent experts. As a result, we hire independent experts from the top medical schools in the nation.
- Does the firm regularly try cases? Many law firms take on cases with the hopes of negotiating a settlement. Medical malpractice insurance companies have little incentive to offer a fair settlement to a law firm that is unable or unwilling to try the case. Our attorneys try more than half of the medical malpractice cases we take on.
- How many attorneys work for the firm? Many personal injury law firms have one or two attorneys — and a large support staff who do much of the work. With a full staff of attorneys, we have the ability to take on large, complex cases. Our lawyers do their own work rather than shuffle it off to paralegals and support staff.
- Does the firm try cases for other lawyers? Many lawyers take on medical malpractice cases only to refer them out to another law firm that will try the case. We try our own cases. We also try medical malpractice cases for other law firms.
- Has the firm obtained favorable outcomes in cases similar to yours? You do not want to hire a lawyer who is learning on the job. Our law firm has a track record of favorable outcomes for our clients, including a $7.2 million judgment against Mercy Hospital, which at the time was the largest verdict for medical malpractice in Florida history.
Call Us For A Free Consultation
Call 305-744-5888 or complete our contact form to schedule a consultation with an attorney at our firm. We handle serious injury and wrongful death cases in the Miami area, throughout Florida, and across the United States.