Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt | Attorneys At Law

You deserve fair treatment as an immigrant in the United States

On Behalf of | Dec 30, 2015 | US Immigration Law |

Immigrating to the United States poses its own set of unique challenges. You may be applying for a work or study visa, or you could be looking to permanently move to the United States as a long-term resident. Even as a short-term visitor, you’re given many of the same rights as citizens of the country.

If you feel you’ve been mistreated, for instance, you can seek out justice through the U.S. courts. If you’re not being fairly treated in your workplace, then you can seek assistance, because you’re entitled to fair treatment and pay. You are also entitled to report abuse without retaliation and to get the help you need from labor rights and immigrant groups.

If you think your rights have been violated, it’s important to speak up quickly. There are ways to protect yourself, and you won’t have to worry about being deported for stating your concerns. For instance if you believe you’ve been a victim of human trafficking or have been a victim of a violent crime, there are actually special visas that you can apply for to help you focus on your situation and not on your immigration status.

Regardless of the situation, if you’ve been victimized, there are remedies available. Whether you’re looking to stay in the U.S. after being a victim of human trafficking or want to report abuse at work, your attorney can help. Our website has more information, so you can learn about your rights as an immigrant and what to do if your rights have been violated in the United States.



FindLaw Network