Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli and Pratt P.A.
Nationwide Firm
Injury, Immigration and Business Attorneys
Aggressive Advocacy and Exceptional Civil Litigation Success

Applying for a fiancé visa

A foreign-born individual who would like to come to Florida in order to marry a U.S. citizen may be able to qualify for a fiancé visa. Before a fiancé visa can be issued, the foreign person's fiancé must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé. Once the petition is approved, the foreign fiancé will receive a K-1 nonimmigrant visa so that they can enter the United States.

A fiancé visa allows a person to enter the U.S. for up to 90 days so that they can marry their U.S. citizen fiancé. If the marriage does not take place sometime during those 90 days, the alien fiancé must return to their home country or they will be in violation of U.S. immigration law. The stay allowed on a fiancé visa cannot be extended any longer than 90 days.

A person who has arrived in the United States on a fiancé visa is allowed to work immediately. To obtain permission to work, the alien fiancé must file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. After the marriage takes place, the foreign spouse may apply for permanent residence in the United States as well as for an extended work authorization permit.

Obtaining a fiancé visa could involve a long waiting period while the application is being processed. To increase the likelihood of a successful outcome, a couple may want to enlist the help of an immigration attorney. An attorney may be able to help ensure that the application is completed accurately and all of the required documentation is included with the immigration petition.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook

We Literally Wrote The Book On Immigration Law

Our firm is a recognized leader in immigration law and litigation. We handle the spectrum from family and employment-based visas to deportation defense and immigration appeals. Founding partner Ira Kurzban authored the Immigration Law Sourcebook, widely used by immigration lawyers, judges and government officials as the authoritative field reference.

Aggressive Advocacy and Exceptional Civil Litigation Successes Call Our Firm at 786-401-4706 or Fill Out the Secure Form Below

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

IIUSA | 2018 EB-5 Industry Achievement Awards | Litigator Of The Year |Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli & Pratt P.A.
2018 EB-5 Industry Achievement Award

Miami Office
2650 SW 27th Avenue
2nd Floor
Miami, FL 33133

Phone: 786-401-4706
Fax: 305-444-3503
Miami Law Office Map

Jacksonville Office
10752 Deerwood Park Boulevard South
Suite 100
Jacksonville, FL 32256

Map & Directions

Jed Kurzban Of Counsel at Damon Key Leong Kupchak Hastert, A Law Corporation
1003 Bishop Street
Suite 1600
Pauahi Tower
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: 808-531-8031

Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli and Pratt P.A.