Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt | Attorneys At Law

What type of temporary work visa do you need?

On Behalf of | Dec 30, 2019 | Immigration |

When working in Florida, you will need the proper temporary work visa. It may be surprising to learn that there are many different types of work-related visas. Each one holds its own purpose. Today, we will take a look at some of the most common ones.

First are the H-visas. This includes H-1B, H-1B1, H-2A, H-2B and H-3. In order, these visas are for:

  • H-1B: People in specialty occupations, such as fashion models or government researchers
  • H-1B1: Free trade agreement (FTA) professional from Chile or Singapore
  • H-2A: Temporary agricultural workers
  • H-2B: Temporary non-agricultural workers
  • H-3: Special education visitor or trainee

These visas are the most common. Most people will apply for these as they encompass most of the jobs that immigrants seek.

There are also P visas, which are a little less common. P-1 visas are for individual athletes or athletic teams. Members of entertainment groups can also apply for this type. P-2 visas are for artists and entertainers, whether they are groups or individuals. P-3 visas are for entertainers who provide cultural exchange through their performances.

Finally, there are a few specialized visas. O visas are for individuals with extraordinary ability. L visas are for intracompany transferees. Q-1 visas are for those participating in international cultural exchange.

If you want to keep reading about different types of business visas, consider visiting our web page, linked here. You can read more about the requirements for applying for visas after learning which one is right for you.



FindLaw Network