Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli and Pratt P.A.

How to get a U.S. work permit

There are many people from foreign countries who are interested in working in Florida. Foreign workers have some steps to go through in order to be granted a work permit. There are many different work permits that can be issued, depending on a person's immigration status. As such, both workers and employers are interested in employment immigration issues.

A work permit is issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and is formally referred to as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). An EAD is a card that is given to the recipient and is usually valid for one year and can be renewable.

There are several categories of foreign workers that may be eligible for an EAD. These include asylum seekers, refugees, students, foreign nationals, spouses and fiancés of U.S. citizens, dependents of foreign government officials, those who have Temporary Protected Status and other workers, depending on their circumstances.

A legal professional who is skilled in immigration can help their client with their employment immigration questions. An attorney understands that both employees and employers have needs that may require complicated immigration procedures. They have the experience to evaluate the situation and determine what the best course of action may be. They understand the many visas that may be available, along with the work permits that are required. They can also assist businesses in creating a cost-effective and streamlined immigration policy.

Businesses in Florida understand the importance of hiring foreign national workers. Immigration issues are constantly changing in the U.S. and having an attorney who understands these complications can be helpful.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • Best Lawyers
  • Super Lawyers
  • AV - Martindale-Hubbell | Peer Review Rated For Highest Level of Professional Excellence
  • The Best Lawyers in America
  • 10 best || 2017 || Attorneys || Client Satisfaction || America Institute of || Personal injury attorneys
  • Lead Counsel | LC | Rated10 best || 2017 || Attorneys || Client Satisfaction || America Institute of || Personal injury attorneys
  • Expert Network | DISTINGUISHED LAWYER | Jed Kurzban
  • Dbr - Verdicts & Settlements - Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt P.A.
  • 2018 | Top 5 | Litigation Attorneys
  • April 22,2018 - Washington D.C | EB-5 Industry Achievement Banquet | A celebration of EB-5 Success
  • Immigrants' list
  • Top 10 | 2019 | Attorney And Practice Magazine's | Personal Injury Attorney
Email Us For A Response

Effective Litigation Strategies

Arrange a consultation with one of our lawyers by sending us an email or calling 786-401-4706.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
Marital Status
Employment Status
Do You Have Children?

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Coral Gables Office
131 Madeira Ave.
Coral Gables, FL 33134

Phone: 786-401-4706
Fax: 305-444-3503
Map & Directions

Jacksonville Office
10752 Deerwood Park Boulevard South
Suite 100
Jacksonville, FL 32256

Map & Directions

Jed Kurzban Of Counsel
1003 Bishop Street
Suite 1600
Pauahi Tower
Honolulu, HI 96813

Phone: 808-531-8031
Map & Directions