- Immigration Law
Whitney Lohr is an associate attorney at Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli & Pratt, P.A., where she represents multinational organizations, startups, athletes, artists, and foreign individuals in all areas of immigration law. Whitney focuses her practice primarily on employment-based, investment-based, and family-based matters in filings with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Department of State (DOS), and the Department of Labor (DOL).
Whitney brings extensive commercial litigation experience to her immigration practice, which makes her well-suited to litigate immigration-related cases before federal courts, immigration courts, and the Board of Immigration Appeals. Whitney has also represented clients in employment litigation, internal investigations, and a variety of corporate matters, including drafting employment contracts and advising clients regarding state and local licensing requirements.
Whitney graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law, where she served as the Senior Writing Editor of the University of Miami Law Review. While in law school, Whitney participated in the University of Miami Immigration Clinic and represented foreign individuals in federal litigation and in the Miami Immigration Court. Whitney studied law internationally in Greece and Germany. She also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Jose E. Martinez of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Whitney is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she was Assistant Editor of Southern Cultures, a university-based quarterly academic journal. She spent one semester studying Spanish in Ecuador, where she returned to teach business English to executives at multinational companies before beginning law school.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Honors: cum laude
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Major: American Studies; Minors in Spanish and Anthropology
- Florida, 2018
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Winner of 2016 University of Miami Law Review Writing Competition
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement in Legal Communication and Research Skills
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- AILA South Florida Luncheons Committee
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- Honorable Jose E. Martinez of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Judicial Intern